“Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home.” ~ Carol Nelson
It's that time of the year again. Everywhere you look, there's a reminder: beautifully decorated Christmas trees, the smell of cookies in the air and Silver Bells by Bing Crosby playing on the radio...
Those are sweet memories of my childhood. I think Christmas brings the fondest of memories... Those are the memories I had that were always filled with love.... the feelings of always being safe and snug and wrapped in good times and cheer. So even when I am home....whether it be for a short visit to see Mom or over the holidays and everyone is there, I am still a bit wistful for those days... days of Christmas Joy. What is one of your favorite Christmas memories that make you homesick?
Random Thoughts on a Saturday:
- The look on a child's face when they see Santa walking towards them has enough sparkle to light up a Christmas tree. 🙂
- When a parent displays a child's picture, it is really the parent displaying the pride they have in that child(which is never a bad thing!) and LOTS of pictures = LOTS of pride 🙂
- Bing Crosby and Gene Autry ALWAYS remind me of a special man.... PaPPap....
- Dr. Charles Richett won the Nobel Prize in 1913 due to his research that demonstrated that hay fever, asthma and anaphylactic shock and other inflammatory allergic reactions were often caused by reactions to undigested proteins in the bloodstream from injected vaccines. (Some researches currently believe it is trace proteins from peanut oil in vaccines that may be a likely cause of deadly peanut allergies that seem to be growing rampantly)
- My husband gets the credit for this one: What plant does MSG come from? A Chemical Plant!!!
- A good book can transform your thoughts and your life...sometimes for moments; sometimes for life!
- My new Acorn slippers with sheepskin lining are the most wonderful and most warm slippers I have EVER owned.... (thanks to my daughter and husband for the b-day gift!!)
- Gratitude for Christmas Memories goes into my gratitude journal today.
- Today's post is #100 for me!!!