Well it's near the end of the year, so I thought I'd just write today about.... My Writing... and where I'm at with it. Hopefully a year from now I can look back at this post and say, WOW! Look at you!!!
Actually, I say that to myself today because 2 months ago I wasn't anywhere close to where I'm at today with my writing! And I wouldn't have believed anyone that would have told me that I would accomplish this:
- Become a member of SCBWI!!!
- Participate in PiBoIdMo and end with 38 ideas!!!
- Establish a three hour block of writing time that's JUST for me to spend on creative writing (picture books, etc.) each week!!! ( Thank you to our beloved neighbor for her time with my little guy)
- Write three brand new manuscripts!!!
- Get 5 people to give me critiques on the first manuscript!!!
- Drag out all of my old writing materials and dust them off (cough, cough)!!!
- Re-read and revise one of those old manuscripts!!!
- Be given (by my supportive husband) and start reading the 2014 Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market!!!
- Be given (again by my supportive husband) and start reading Writing Picture Books: A Hands On Guide From Story Creation to Publication by Ann Whitford Paul!!!
- Be writing post #117 on this blog!!!
- Have 67 followers!!! A BIG thank you to all of you....especially those that give me feedback! I love your comments!
- Feel Accomplished and Motivated!!! 🙂
To my fellow writer's out there.... I hope you are feeling just as accomplished yourselves... if not, DON"T GIVE UP HOPE!!! It's amazing what can happen in just a short amount of time! Keep your head up and your pencils (fingers) to the paper (keyboard)!!!