I got the idea from someone else’s blog that perhaps I should just post some random stuff on here since I am new as a way for people to get to know me a little bit better. So here goes:
RANDOM STUFF ABOUT ME
1. I was raised by my grandparents. To me, they are my parents….my dad and my mom. Because they were there to do all the things that dads and moms do. While I have strong feeling for my still living father and my biological mother who passed away almost 9 years ago, my strongest attachment is with the parents that guided me and stood by me through all of life’s ups and downs.
2. I miss my grandfather (PapPap) To me he could walk on water. He was my rock. When he died, I felt like a piece of me went with him. I felt weaker.
3. I have three children. My daughter is almost 17 (WOW!), my oldest son is 13 and my youngest is 2! #3 was a BIG surprise but is loved just the same! He brings a lot of laughter to all of us.
4. I am an Orthodox Christian. I am dedicated to my faith and fully believe in it being the Truth, The Way and The Life. It is the original apostolic church still in its original form. I love the way we worship our Lord.
5. I have been married for almost twenty years. I love my husband. He is a wonderful man and I am truly blessed. We have days of not communicating well, but who doesn’t? We’ve been through a lot…and we are stronger because of it.
6. I used to have bipolar disorder….yep, you read that right. USE TO. I know. Most conventional doctors will say, wait, that’s not possible. Either you had it and you still have it or you never had it. But I did. Now I don’t. About 6 years ago, through some accidental discoveries, my family discovered that our illnesses were being caused by artificial ingredients in foods. This led to a radical shift in the way we eat…..and our health. There’s enough info on this one to be several blogs long…. I’ll write more about this another day.
7. I make a lot of our foods from scratch. I still buy already made noodles and canned and frozen fruits and vegetables (mostly organic if it’s financially affordable) but work on gardening and learning to can my own.
I sometimes make my own breads too but not always do I have time.
8.We own a dog, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs.
9. I live in the country. The house is between two important spots: my husband’s work and our church. The hospital where he works is about 35 minutes north and our church (Holy Cross Orthodox Church of Williamsport, PA) is about 25 minutes south.
10. I am an introvert. I was incredibly shy as a child and had incredible low self esteem. I have come a long long way from that. I have a higher self esteem and can at least carry on a conversation when spoken too but still tend to be a sort of recluse. I need to MAKE myself go out and socialize. It does NOT come naturally at all.
11.I’ve had red or reddish brown hair all my life but seem to be becoming overtaken with these strands of hair that seem to be a much stranger color….gray I believe it’s called……ugh
12. I tend to have very random thoughts…..of which I will probably share some of on this blog. I hope you enjoy them! That’s enough randomness for now though. More another time!