It's Incredible! Another Award! YAY! I needed the extra motivation today too-- I'm moving incredibly slow today.... Thank you sooooo much to Jenn at The Overcoming: An Uphill Battle With Inspiring Intent! And congrats to her own Liebster Award after only blogging for a little over two weeks and gaining 70 followers already! Her story and blog are just that awesome! WAY TO GO Jenn!
I am very grateful too, not only for the award from Jenn, but that I have reached over 100 followers on my own humble little blog here. 🙂
One of the highlights of my day is going to the Dashboard and seeing how many people I've reached that day and all the various countries they are from. And the biggest happiest part of that time is reading the sweet comments from my readers. Today, since I was away for a couple of days and didn't really read the comments, I had several to read and was very happy to read the one from Jenn telling me about this award! I really do feel honored.
So here's what I need to do to accept the award from Jen and for other bloggers to accept the award from me:
- Each nominee must link back to the person (blog) that nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have LESS than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for our nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here's the questions (with answers) that Jenn has asked me:
- If one movie could describe your life, what is it? What are the elements of this movie that remind you of yourself? Wow...this one is really hard! I don't know that there is one that describes my life at all... but there are elements of several movies that resonate with me. I always liked "When a Man Loves a Woman" with Meg Ryan because while I never struggled with alcoholism as her character does, there were many elements that she struggled with that I could easily identify with... gee, it's been years since I've seen it though...but I really remember thinking, "Wow, I could have said that!"...then there's "Beaches" -- the characters struggle with elements of their lives and friendship and I can really relate to both characters in so many different ways. There's more but I haven't enough time to ponder or write them all! Of course, after I post this, I'll probably by lying in bed tonight and think, "Oh! That one! Why didn't I think of THAT one??"
- What are your biggest pet peeves and how do you react when faced with them? Right now the biggest thing that comes to mind is when people that have wronged you, whether intentionally or even by accident and they don't ever apologize.
- What is your favorite day of the year and why? What do you do on that day that makes it special? Oh this one's easy! PASCHA! Pascha, to put it in easy terms, is Orthodox Easter. Though it doesn't always fall on the same day as when western Christians celebrate Easter, it is the celebration of our Risen Lord! What makes it so wonderful is that it is the celebration of Christ rising from the dead, trampling down death by death and bestowing life! The service we attend that night is a very long service- about 3 hours- but is so absolutely beautiful and emotional - the joy lasts for days and days, weeks..... it's the heart of Our Faith.
- What is the biggest dream you are still striving for? Oh good! Another easy one! To be a published children's author 🙂
- If you could travel back in time - what era would you want to live in or experience? Why? Hmmm....I'm not sure on this one. Perhaps the times of the Civil War... Wouldn't you just love to (assuming you're a girl reading this) to dress in those Southern Belle gowns?? LOL... probably not if I had to do it daily but.... and really, it's just a fascinating time of history - so many changes.
- Who is it that inspires you the most - famous, or close, anybody - and what is your message for them? Another easy one. I've already written about The Greatest Woman Who Ever Lived - the Theotokos - Mary, the mother of our Lord, Jesus Christ. She was the first to consent on Jesus coming into her life, accepting Him without hesitation - regardless of the undoubting chaos it added to her entire life and changing everything for her.
- What would you do if you came face to face with a person you've always wanted to meet - living or passed? Who is that person and what would you say? So many people come to mind here, but for whatever reason, Dave Pelzer came up first. If I came upon Dave Pelzer, I would congratulate him on his victory in surviving child abuse to such an excessive extreme and having the courage to use his past as a way to write and reach out to others. If you don't know, Dave Pelzer is the author of the book, "A Child Called It" and several others.
- Describe your motivation in blogging and how they have changed - if at all. Well, it started out as just a place to write some thoughts and to get my wriing back on track after not writing at all for many years. It started out slow and as my motivation to write grew, the number of posts grew to where I knew I wanted to post almost daily. Now that I'm reading about social media and the role it plays for want to be and already published authors, it motivates me further to keep it up and hope for even more followers!
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? What makes you so? Oh, definitely an introvert. I always have been- almost painfully so as a child and into my teens. I have gradually come out of my shell through the years - I think my husband has helped me a great deal in that area - but still remain an introvert. Large crowds, especially if they are full of people I don't know, still cause me much trepidation!
- What's your favorite weather condition? A sunny Spring day! Not too hot - not too cool... just right...about 70... and SUNNY!!!
Okay....THAT's it for my questions! NOW - you can go take a look at these wonderfull blogs! They are the next receipients of the Liebster Award as I am now nominating them!
- FCubed Aspen writes about Food, Family and Fitness....in no particular order. I love reading her posts and I LOVE her recipes! Check out her EASY fudge recipe!
- A God Coloured Girl in a Grey World Staci writes about Faith, family, fitness, food and fun. She's living in Brazil! I just love how we can connect so closely with others of similar thoughts and values on the internet from places all over the world! I love her outlook on so many aspects of life!
- A Bit Behind On Books - I love reading her book reviews! She offers reviews and many other thoughts on her love of reading.
- TaylorMadeItPaleo This girl is amazing. She's only 21 but she's talented at taking foods that are of our modern day 'diet' and turning them into sensational treats that are "paleo" - using quality ingredients so that an occasional treat isn't quite so bad for us!
- Trialsofawannabepublishedwriter - I started following Heather because she's an aspiring writer like me.... but am blown away by her posts and continue to look for more! She's an amazing writer!
- TheKhouriyehSaidWhat?! The Khourieyeh cracks me up. 🙂 She's an Orthodox homeschooling mother of three sharing things about the life she loves. The funny thing is, I started following her blog before I realized who she was--- and later realized I knew her!
- Paul Czajak Children's Book Author - I really like Paul's blog. Monster Needs A Costume came out this past September. His second book is coming out in April. Congratulations Paul!
- AlayneKayChristian - Alayne's blog is wonderful. She strives to give writer's a whole life perspective and she does a great job at it! If you are a writer, you'll love the important and valuable information she offers!
- TravelSizeFamily - this woman is amazing - I love reading of her adventures. Her posts are mainly about traveling, travel tips, HOMESCHOOLING, and much more!
- LittleBears - This is a homeschool mom and I love her writing style! Right from her 'About Page', she states : "‘Little Bears’ is a family that home educates, and has done so since 1999, using a range of different styles, methods and resources, including Charlotte Mason, literature-based (mainly Sonlight), lapbooking and notebooking. We aim for a wide range of traditional subjects, but aim for non-coercion".
So there it is - my list of wonderful blogs I decided to nominate for the Liebster Award - though it was a hard choice to make! There are several others I follow that deserve the award and recognition! Hopefully you will hop over and take a look at the sites and what they have to offer.
I'll be contacting them myself with messages on their About pages to let them know about the award and hopefully, most if not all, will have time to accept the award and post the answers to the questions and give us another list of ten bloggers with 200 or less followers that deserve this award so we can check them out too!
Here are the questions I am asking THEM to answer:
- What was your favorite book as a child or young adult and what made it your favorite?
- What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in life?
- What is your idea of a perfect day or night?
- What do you consider your biggest challenge in life?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your biggest dream or goal you are working on or wish to reach?
- Give five words that describe a best friend. Do you have one? Tell about him or her if you wish.
- What's the one place in the world you would want to visit? Why?
- If you several million dollars in the lottery, what's one thing you would do with it?
- Tell one more thing about yourself that isn't here and isn't obvious by reading your blog.
I'm eager to see how many of my nominees answer the questions so I can learn more about them! Even if you're not a nominee, perhaps you'd like to share some of the answers with me anyway. I'd love to know more about my followers!
Now, after making dinner and eating and spending some time with the little man.... I'll get to go back, let everyone know about their nominations and take a look at the other blogs recommended by Jenn at The Overcoming! Please check her blog out - you will be amazed at her story and inspired by her honesty and her Overcoming!!!