Resolutions.....because that's what we are supposed to do, right? haha...
Actually, I think resolutions are a good thing. It's goal planning. As long as the goals are REASONABLE... then writing them down to look at and remind yourself of what your goals are once in a while really will help you attain them. And I thought if I write them all here then I just might hold myself even more accountable - cause you might wonder how I'm doing with them...
There's a lot. Because I do a lot of things and feel I should have goals in all parts of my life...not just one or two. Plus I think if I have a lot of goals there's more chance of me attaining at least a few of them!! haha...
So here goes:
- Stick to the Paleo Diet at least 93% of the time for at least 3 more months... I really want to give it a good shot - without causing too much stress of doing it 100% but really giving it our best and for a few more months to really watch longer term effects.
- Exercise, on average, 3 times a week. (I know if I put more here, I'll fail.... and if I feel I fail it makes it that much harder for me to start again. 3 is reasonable.)
- Add Evening Prayers to my Prayer Routine... we do pretty well with Morning Prayers- at least on school days and prayers at supper time. I need to do more than that.
- Read at least 3 books that are of Orthodox content over the course of the year - I should probably start out by finishing the ones on my Goodreads Currently Reading List!! So maybe I should put 4 on that resolution list...finish the three and add one more...
- Read at LEAST 12 Newberry Medal books... this shouldn't be that hard if I set my mind to it...after all they do all fall under the genre of children's literature...it's not like I'm reading novels the size off War and Peace!!!
- Read the following: 2014 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market (cover to cover--- well, not every single publisher/agent listing but in the past I never got around to reading the articles and this time that's what I started with!), A Family of Readers: A book Lover's Guide to Children's and Young Adult Literature, and Honey For a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt. The last two are supposed to be really good sources about the world of children's literature. I've already started both. Gladys Hunt has another book out on Teen literature and one on women's literature. Both look equally appealing...I'll probably give in a grab the teen book soon as I have a teen....and will be planning another book list for next year's homeschooling sometime this spring.
- Watch my Charlotte Mason Videos(by the end of MARCH). I bought them last year at the CHAP convention (convention held by the Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania). Simply Charlotte Mason had a booth there and I bought the All Day Charlotte Mason Seminar and The Books & Things Seminar. I've watched most of the first one. It's packed full of information presented by Sonya Shafer. My husband also bought me another book on Charlotte Mason - I want to read that one too but I'll give myself longer on that one... by the end of the year!
- Research for a Preschool Curriculum/materials and make a decision by the end of APRIL....at least have it narrowed down in time for the CHAP convention in May. He's already doing preschool type stuff..... knows how to count to 20 without help, higher with help and recognizes all the digits 1-10.... knows the alphabet (lower case and upper case) and most sounds, recognizes at least 22 words by sight, knows colors, basic shapes, etc.... so preschool may not be what I want.... by something Charlotte Mason style with lots of books.... and fun activities.
- Break 3 bad habits.... sorry that's too personal...not sharing those...just that I have them and think it's important to pick a few to work on diligently. I'll know what they are...and who knows...maybe my family will figure them out by the end of the year too 🙂
- Maintain my Gratitude Journal... I restarted one about a year and a half ago or so after reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts... I've been better at writing in it but I'm only to #465.... I hope to get to 1000 by the end of the year if not way before that!
- Maintain this blog! I've been going strong for over a couple of months now...keep following me and give me comments-- it will encourage me!! 😉
- Keep writing!!! I hope to pursue some publishers soon with a couple of the manuscripts I have finished...they still need some revision first. And I'd like to try to pop out a few more... at least picture books. That's the goal. I do have two middle grade manuscripts I've written that could be revised and I started a YA several years ago...I'm not sure if I want to return to that yet or not. I think I'll stick with the PBs... that seems to be where my passion is right now.
- Set more time aside for ME - whether it be for reading, writing, or working on crafts I've ignored for years-- but time to do what I want to do and not just things for other people. I know that goes hand in hand with a lot of the above goals but I feel a separate goal to do that will help assure I work on it.
- Spend more quality time with my children and my husband. I want to actually schedule the time to make sure it happens. Too often our date nights get pushed to the side because we simply forget to schedule it and too often I decide to watch a TV show because I'm tired rather than playing a game with my older son. And too often I don't sit down to just play with my toddler because I worry too much about other things that need done.
- Work on coming up with EASY and QUICK paleo meals that will help me make sure I have time to do all of the above! My new cookbooks I got for Christmas should help me accomplish that soon!
Okay.... that's 15.... that should keep me busy!!!
So what are YOUR New Year's Resolutions? I'd love to read them!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11513193/?claim=zawtj89437b">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>